Accessing the AONB Update 09/07/2020
Along with other beauty spots in Wales, Moel Famau and Loggerheads Country Parks and Horseshoe Falls, Llangollen are now open for the first time since March. Visitors are being urged to plan ahead and tread lightly when visiting the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley AONB as the country parks reopen.
Our main priority is to ensure that everyone can enjoy these areas safely while protecting and safeguarding the natural beauty and wildlife of the AONB. The landscape and wildlife of the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley has enjoyed a period of rest and recovery over the last few months. We ask that visitors help it continue to thrive by treading lightly and reducing their impact by sticking to paths and trails, keeping dogs under close control and taking all litter home.
Here are some tips to get the most out of your visit:
- Some sites can get really busy so try and avoid busy areas or peak times and always park responsibly in designated parking areas only
- Remember to wash or sanitise hands regularly – don’t forget your hand sanitiser
- Please take your litter home and don’t leave litter next to a full bin
- Please respect other visitors and our local communities
- Not all facilities are open, so please check before you visit to avoid disappointment
- A little space goes a long way – if it looks busy, it’s too busy. Be prepared to change your plans and find somewhere less crowded
Did You Know?
Useful information to help you plan your visit;
- Car Parks and Toilets at Loggerheads and Moel Famau are open from 8am – 9pm
- The Visitor Centre remains closed
- Please remember to bring change for parking tickets as the machines don’t accept cards
- Bwlch Pen Barras £1.50 all day
- Coed Moel Famau £2 all day
- Loggerheads £1 up to 2 hours, £2 up to 4 hours, £5 all day
Enjoying the countryside post Covid Lockdown requires responsible behaviour by all. If you do choose to visit us, please act responsibly and help protect the wonderful communities that make up the Clwydian Range and Dee Valley. This film provides advice and guidance for a great day out in this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.